- Contact Us
Step 1: Have an Organizational Meeting
The first thing to do is to have an organizational meeting.
At this meeting you need to declare your church to exist. Just grab a piece of paper and start taking notes. This does not have to be very complicated. Issues to discuss should include:
- What is the name of the church?
- Will you have a church covenant, bylaws, or a constitution?
- How will your church relate to other churches?
- Will you have a denominational or network affiliation? Do you have a sponsoring or parenting church?
- How will you handle finances?
- You may want to adopt financial policies for offering procedures, spending money, counting forms, etc.
- If you plan on opening a bank account, decide who is authorized to open a bank account in the name of the organization?
- Also in the action – specify who the authorized signers will be. Take an offering – so you can open up a bank account.
- Will you be incorporating your church with the State of Colorado?
- If so, who will keep your official records and minutes of business? (Clerk)